Believe to Achieve
Do you have a tennis enthusiastic kid at home? Then, you will love our facility.
The Huntsville Tennis Center (HTC) provides Junior Drop In Clinics, Advanced Youth Group Training, Summer Camps, Tournaments, Junior Team Tennis League, and private tennis lessons in Huntsville, AL.
Check out our details below and check in often as we announce new activities and events throughout the year!
Junior Tennis Activities - Lots of Fun!
Private Individual & Group Lessons to help your Youth Player Grow their Game!
Our Pros are available throughout the year and especially now at the end of the year to help develop a particular stroke they need to work on:
- Ground Strokes
- Specialty Shots; lob, slice, drop shot, overhead
- Game Positioning, what stroke to use when, and game/match strategies.
Reach out to any of our Pros to schedule 30min, 60min - individual or group lessons - we're here to help your players develop quickly, using the correct fundamentals for a life time of tennis fun!
2023 Youth Activities Calendar
We offer lots of options for your players to develop their tennis skills and love for tennis!
- August Youth Drop Ins - Mon/Wed - 4:00-5:00pm - 10&Under, 11+ - $15/player/session - Drills, Games, Lots of Fun!
- Advanced Youth Tennis Program - Starting Aug 15th - Tue/Thu - for experienced/motivated players.
- Tiny Stars - Ages: 4-7 - Starting Sept 5th - Tue/Thu - for beginner to experienced players.
- Beginner Youth 6 Week Program - Ages 7-17 - Starting Sept 11th, Mon/Wed - for beginner players - a great next step for beginner Campers
- Private Group or Individual Lessons - with one or our Coaches - is always available for all ages!
- Home School Youth Tennis - All ages, Tue/Wed mornings
See details below - or drop by HTC to pick up Info/Sign Up forms!
August - December
HTC Advanced Youth Tennis Program - Each Week - Tue/Thu - 4:30-6:00pm
Youth Advanced Tennis Group to give highly motivated youth players an opportunity to develop their tennis skills to play high school tennis, play USTA Youth Tournaments or simply wish to develop their competitive tennis skills to the highest level.
Four levels of players are supported from Age 8-18. Beginner, Green Ball, Intermediate and Advanced (High School Elite Players Program). Reservations are required.
Email email@example.com to sign up! Or to learn more, email Coach David.
Home School Youth Tennis with Roland
2023 HOME SCHOOL TENNIS
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Beginning Sept. 12th - December 7th
NO play during Fall break Oct. 2nd-6th or Thanksgiving break Nov. 20th-24th
This class offers a wide range of focus and game play. It is a low-cost, non-committal way for kids to get exercise and/or gear up for competitive play in the future. This is a perfect way for your child to transition into the Advanced Youth Group. No special clothes are needed for this class, just tennis shoes and a racquet. Play will be held at the Huntsville Tennis Center on the hard courts and play times are based on skill level and weather conditions. Check court status at www.huntsvilletenniscenter.com.
GROUP 1 PLAYERS
Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00am-10:00am
Cost is $15 per player/per class
GROUP 2 PLAYERS
Tuesday and Wednesday 10:00am-11:00am
Cost is $15 per player/per class
Evaluation days will be held beginning August 22 and 24th, August 29th and 30th
Evaluation will be classes that enable us to place your child in the group that is best suited for them.
ROLAND MARKWALTER - TEACHING PROFESSIONAL USPTA CERTIFIED
Reservations are required for this class!
FOR QUESTIONS OR DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT Roland Markwalter at: 256-503-4801 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiny Stars Information - Starting Again in Sept 5th 2023 - Tue/Thu - 3:30-4:15 - $15/session
- A great drop-in program to help you new players get a great start to tennis! We do ask parents to have consistency in coming if at all possible. Please let us know if you plan to come both Tue and Thu, or just once a week, etc. Our goal is 4-6 players per coach - so we can add a second coach when we get higher numbers.
- We provide the balls, and loaner racquets, but we suggest you purchase a racquet (Walmart/Sports Academy - <$20) after your first session so you can use a loaner, and we can tell you what size will best fit your child.
- We use the Large Red Tennis Balls - there is a progression in tennis balls as players improve. Red Balls make the experience better for our Tiny Stars.
- Email Coach David at email@example.com to learn more
Youth Beginner Tennis Program - Six Weeks - Mon/Wed - $20/Session - Starting Sept 11 2023
This is a great program to take your beginner player from no experience to a Game Ready Player!
- Six weeks of development - From Volleys, to GroundStokes to Serves, and how to play a full game of tennis.
- Ages 10 & Under - 3:30-4:30 - Ages 11+ - 4:30-5:30 - We have loaner racquets too!
- Players are not required to attend all sessions - note what you can attend on the Sign Up form.
- Email Coach David at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the program overview, learn more and Sign Up! Or stop by HTC to sign up too!
USTA Junior Membership for 10 & Under Free for 1 Year
Now it’s easier than ever for kids to get in the game. New rules. Kid-sized racquets. Slower, lower bouncing balls. No courts necessary. Kids can play anywhere, anytime, at any level
Juniors Interested in Playing USTA Tournaments
Junior Beginners (Home School/ High School)
Every player will be segregated as per their skill level or age. Please contact Roland Markwalter for your child’s time slot. The prices may vary on group lessons per child A discounted offer for three or more brothers and sisters will apply in a group lesson Email: email@example.com or call: (256) 503-4801